51. Janse van Rensburg HJ. and Yang X.* (2016) Roles of the Hippo pathway in metastasis. Cell Signal 28:1761-1772.
50. Yeung B.#, Yu J.# and Yang X.* (2016) Roles of the Hippo pathway in lung development and tumorigenesis. Int. J. Cancer 138:533-539.
49. Visser-Grieve S., Janse van Rensburg HJ., and Yang X.* (2015) LATS1 (large tumor suppressor, homolog 1 (Drosophila)) gene card. Atlas of Genetics and Cytogenetics in Oncology and Haematology (online publication Sept. 29, 2015).
48. Zhao Y. and Yang X.* (2015) Roles of the Hippo pathway in chemotherapeutic drug resistance. Int J. Cancer 137:2767-2773.
47. Zhao Y. and Yang X.* (2015) Regulation of sensitivity of tumor cells to antitubulin drugs by Cdk1-TAZ signalling. Oncotarget 6:21906-21917.
46. Truesdell P, Ahn J, Chander H, Meens J, Watt K, Yang X., and Craig AW. (2015) CIP4 Promotes lung adenocarcinoma metastasis and is associated with poor prognosis. Oncogene 34:3527-3535.
45. Valencia-Sama I#, Zhao Y.#, Janse van Rensburg HJ, Lai D., Hao Y., and Yang X* (2015) Identification and characterization of p63 as a novel downstream gene negatively regulated by TAZ. J. Biol. Chem. 290: 16906-17.
44. Yang X., Zhao Y., Yang X., and Kan F.* (2015) Recombinant hamster oviductin is biologically active and exerts positive effects on sperm functions and sperm-oocyte binding. PLOS One 10:e0123003.
43. Zhao Y. and Yang X.* (2014) WWTR1/TAZ (Transcriptional coactivator with PDZ binding motif (Mini Review). Atlas Genet Cytogenet Oncol Haematol 18:849-852.
42. Zhao Y., Khanal P., Savage P., Yi-Min She, Cyr TD, and Yang X.* (2014) YAP-induced resistance of cancer cells to antitubulin drugs is modulated by a Hippo-independent pathway. Cancer Res. 74:4493-4503.
41. Liu J., Visser S., Boudreau J., Yeung B., S Lo, Chamberlain G, Yu F, Sun T, Papanicolaou T, Lam A, Yang X., and Ian Chin-Sang (2013) Insulin activates insulin receptor to down-regulate PTEN. Oncogene 33:3878-3885.
40. Ahn J., Truesdell P., Meens J., Kadish C., Yang X., Boag AH. and Craig AW.* (2013) Fer protein-tyrosine kinase promotes lung adenocarcinoma cell invasion and tumor metastasis. Mol Cancer Res 11:952-963.
39. Lai D. and Yang X.* (2013) Identification of BMP4 as a novel downstream target mediating TAZ-induced increased cell migration. Cell Signal. 25:1720-1728.
38. Yeung B., Ho KC and Yang X.* (2013) WWP1 E3 ligase targets LATS1 for ubituitin-mediated degradation in breast cancer cells. PLOS One 8:e61027.
37. Guo J., Wang T., Li X., Shallow H., Yang T., Li W., Xu J., Fridman MD., Yang X., and Zhang S. (2012) Cell surface expression of HERG channels is regulated by caveolin-3 via Nedd4-2. J. Biol. Chem. 287:33132-33141.
36. Lai D., Visser-Grieve S., and Yang X.* (2012) Tumor suppressor genes in chemotherapeutic drug response. Biosci Rep. 32:361-374.
35. Chen J., Abi-Daoud M., Wang A., Yang X., Zhang X., Feilotter H., and Tron VA. (2012) Stathmin 1 is a potential novel oncogene in melanoma. Oncogene 32:1330-1337.
34. Visser-Grieve S., Hao Y., and Yang X*. (2012) Human homolog of Drosophila expanded, hEx, functions as a putative tumor suppressor independently of the Hippo pathway. Oncogene 31:1189-1195.
33. Chen J., Zhang X., Lentz C., Abi-Daoud M. , Pare GC, Yang X., Feilotter HE, and Tron VA. (2011) miR-193b Regulates Mcl-1 in Melanoma. Am. J. Path. 179:2162-2168.
32. Visser-Grieve S., Zhou Z., She Y., Huang H., Cyr TD, Xu T., and Yang X.* (2011) LATS1 tumor suppressor is a novel actin-binding protein and negative regulator of actin polymerization. Cell Res. 21:1513-1516.
31. Ho KC, Zhou Z, She Y., Chun A., Cyr T, and Yang, X.* (2011) Itch E3 ubiquitin ligase regulates LATS1 tumor suppressor stability. Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. 108:4870-4875.
30. Lai D., Ho K.C., Hao Y., and Yang X.* (2011) Taxol resistance in breast cancer cells is mediated by the Hippo pathway component TAZ and its downstream transcriptional targets Cyr61 and CTGF. Cancer Res. 71:2728-2738.
29. Yang X.* and Xu T.* (2011) Molecular mechanism of size control and its roles in human diseases (invited review). Cell Res. 21:715-729.
28. Zhou Z., Hao Y., Liu N., Raptis L., Tsao MS, and Yang, X*. (2011) TAZ is a novel oncogene in non-small cell lung cancer. Oncogene 30:2181-2186.
27. Visser S. and Yang, X*. (2010) LATS tumor suppressor: A new governor of cellular homeostasis (review). Cell Cycle 19:3892-3903.
26. Chen J. Feilotter HE., Paré GC., Zhang X., Pemberton JG., Garady C., Lai D., Yang X., Tron A.* (2010). MicroRNA-193b represses cell proliferation and regulates cyclin D in melanoma. Am. J. Pathol. 176:2520-2529.
25. Chow A. Hao, Y., and Yang X.* (2010) Molecular characterization of human homologs of yeast MOB1. Int. J. Caner 126:2079-2089.
24. Visser S. and Yang X*. (2010) Identification of LATS transcriptional targets using whole human genome oligonucleotide microarray. Gene 449:22-29.
23. Visser S and Yang X.* (2010) LATS1 (LATS, large tumor suppressor, homolog 1 (Drosophila)(Mini Review). Atlas Genet Cytogenet Oncol Haematol 14: 397-399.
22. Hao Y., Chun A., Cheung K., Rashidi B., and Yang X.* (2008) Tumor suppressor LATS1 is a negative regulator of oncogene YAP. J. Biol. Chem. 283:5496-5509.
21. Yang X., Yu K., Hao Y., Li D-M., Stewart R., Insogna K. and Xu T. (2004). LATS1 tumor suppressor affects cytokinesis by inhibiting LIMK1. Nature Cell Biol. 6: 609-617.
20. Ding Z., Tang S-C., Weerasinghe P, Yang X., Pater A. and Liepins A. (2002). The alkaloid sanguinarine is effective against multidrug resistance in human cervical cells via bimodal cell death. Biochem. Pharmacol. 7194: 1-7.
19. Ding Z., Green AG, Yang X., Chernenko G, Tang SC. and Pater A. (2002). Retinoic acid inhibits telomerase activity and downregulates expression but does not affect splicing of hTERT: Correlation with cell growth rate inhibition in an vitro cervical carcinogenesis/ multidrug-resistance model. Exp. Cell Res. 272: 185-191.
18. Yang X., Li D-M., Chen W. and Xu T. (2001) Human Homolog of Drosophila lats, LATS1, negatively regulate growth by inducing G2/M arrest or apoptosis. Oncogene 20:6516-6523.
17. Witcher M., Yang X., Pater A. and Tang S-C. (2001). BAG-1 p50 isoform interacts with the vitamin D receptor and its cellular overexpression inhibits the vitamin D pathway. Exp. Cell Res. 265: 167-173.
16. Ding Z., Yang X., Pater A. and Tang S-C. (2000). Resistance to apoptosis is correlated with the reduced caspase-3 activation and enhanced expression of antiapoptotic proteins in human cervical multidrug resistance cells. Biochem. Biophys Res Commun 270: 415-420.
15. Ding Z., Yang X., Chernenko G. and Tang S.-C. and Pater A. (2000). Human papillomavirus type-16-immortalized endocervical cells selected for resistance to cisplatin are malignantly transformed and have a multidrug resistance phenotype. Int. J. Cancer 87: 818-823.
14. Yang X., Hao Y, Ding Z and Pater A. (2000). BAG-1 promotes apoptosis induced by N (4 hydroxyphenyl)retinamide in human cervical carcinoma cells. Exp. Cell Res. 256:491-499.
13. Yang X., Hao Y., Pater A. and Tang S-C (2000). Differential expression of anti-apoptotic gene BAG-1 in human breast normal and cancer cell lines and tissues. Clin. Cancer Res. 5: 1816-1822.
12. Yang X.*, Tang S-C. and Pater A.(1999). Cloning and characterization of human BAG-1 gene promoter: upregulation by tumor-derived p53 mutants. Oncogene 18: 4546-4553. *Corresponding author.
11. Yang X., Hao Y., Ferenczy, A., Tang S-C. and Pater A. (1999) Overexpression of anti-apoptotic gene BAG-1 in cervical cancer. Exp. Cell Res. 247: 200-207.
10. Paterno GD, Mercer FC, Chayter JJ, Yang X, Robb JD and Gillespie LL (1998) Molecular cloning of human er1 cDNA and its differential expression in breast tumours and tumour derived cell lines. Gene 222:77 82.
9. Yang X., Chernenko G., Hao Y., Ding Z., Pater M.M., Pater A. and Tang S-T. (1998) Human BAG-1 is generated as four forms by alternative translation initiation and overexpressed in human cancer cells. Oncogene 16: 981-989.
8. Yang X., Hao Y., Pater M.M., Tang S-T. and Pater A. (1998) Enhanced expression of anti- apoptotic proteins in HPV16-immortalized and CSC-transformed human endocervical cells: correlation with resistance to apoptosis induced by DNA damage. Mol. Carcinog. 22:95-101.
7. Yang X., Nakao Y., Pater M.M., Tang S-C. and Pater A. (1997) Expression of cellular genes in HPV16-immortalized and cigarette smoke condensate-transformed human endocervical cells. J. Cell. Biochem. 66: 309-321.
6. Nakao Y., Yang X., Yokoyama M., Ferenczy A., Tang S-C., Pater M.M. and Pater A. (1997) Induction of p16 during immortalization by HPV16 and 18 and not during malignant transformation. Br. J. Cancer 75: 1410-1416.
5. Nakao Y., Yang X., Yokoyama M., Pater M.M. and Pater A. (1996) Malignant transformation of human ectocervical cells immortalized by HPV18: in vitro model of carcinogenesis by cigarette smoke. Carcinogenesis 17: 577-583.
4. Yang X., Nakao Y., Pater M.M. and Pater A. (1996) Identification of two novel cellular genes associated with multistage carcinogenesis of human endocervical cells by mRNA differential display. Carcinogenesis 17: 563-567.
3. Sarma D., Yang X., Pater M.M. and Pater A. (1996) Resistance to retinoic acid and altered cytokeratin expression of human papillomavirus type 16-immortalized cells after tumorigenesis. Int. J. Cancer 65: 345-350.
2. Yang X., Jin G., Nakao Y., Rahimtula M., Pater M.M. and Pater A. (1996) Malignant transformation of HPV16-immortalized human endocervical cells by cigarette smoke condensate and characterization of multistage carcinogenesis. Int. J. Cancer 65: 338-344.
1. Yokoyama M., Nakao Y., Yang X., Sun Q, Pater A. and Pater M.M. (1995) Alterations in physical state and expression of human papillomavirus type 18 DNA following crisis and establishment of immortalized ectocervical cells. Virus Res. 37: 139-151.